Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pictures from ALP visits

So here are the pictures Blogger wouldn't let me put on the last post...If you want to know what I've learned about some of these places, leave a comment or shoot me an email. I don't feel like writing all of it here...and you may get extremely bored reading it if history doesn't really interest you. 

L'Abbaye Toussaint 

A bust of George Washington by artist David d'Angers...located in the
Galerie David d'Angers, which is inside of l'Abbaye Toussaint.

if I remember correctly, this is an old student residence across from the
old bishop's palace (l'ancien palais épiscopal) of Angers.

Notice the snow still on the ground in the pictures below. As I said, the second snow was on Sunday, February 5 and these photos were taken on Saturday, February 11. 

Stone monument for the hôpital Saint-Jean, now the Musée Jean Lurçat,
which is the oldest preserved hospital in France.

Courtyard on the grounds of hôpital Saint Jean


A view of one of the bridges that cross the river Maine
(taken from from La Doutre, a quarter of Angers, where the
hôpital Saint Jean/Musée Jean Lurçat is located)

Another bridge that crosses the river Maine
(I think this photo was taken from the bridge in the picture above)

A statue on the first bridge pictured above...

La Cathédrale Saint Maurice



No comments:

Post a Comment